Accomplishments of the Egyptian's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accomplishments of the Egyptian's

Post  Joshua T on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:24 pm

The Egyptians were known for the Pyramids that they built. The Pyramids were used as tombs for the Pharaohs. A Pharaoh is an absolute ruler of Ancient Greece. The Egyptians were known for their great achievements in mathematics. The pyramids that the Egyptians build were perfectly symmetrical. They invented a calendar with 365 days on it. The Egyptians also had their own writing system, Hieroglyphics and Hieratic Script. Hieroglyphics is the more complex version filled with symbols and Hieratic Script is a much more simplified version and it was used mostly for business transactions. The Egyptians were Polytheistic, meaning they believed in more than one religion. The Egyptians believed in many gods. They also belied in reincarnation and mummification. Reincarnation is when you believe that after you die you have an afterlife. The process of mummification is done by a priest. First, he cuts you open and removed all your internal organs. Second, he dries your body up. Third, he wraps you in linen. Fourth, he puts you in a tomb.

Questions:
Do you think mummification is still done in Egypt?
Who do you think built the pyramids?
How did they build the pyramids?
Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Accomplishments of the Egyptian's

Post  Romane D. on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 am

I think that mummification is not occurring in Egypt anymore, because with all the changes in religion and mainly technology, Egyptians must've stopped doing it. The slaves where the one who built the pyramids. It took them many years to be able to build the pyramids, it took long because of the lack of technology, they had to pull and do harsh work to bring huge rocks. I personally don't know if I believe in reincarnation, but sometimes when I think about it just doesn't make complete sense.
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum