Does Seeing This Make You Feel Small?

Go down

Does Seeing This Make You Feel Small?

Post  Mr. Fisher on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:19 am

Does anyone else find astronomy just amazing? I came across this chart the other day and had to share it with you all. Take few minutes to examine the different planets and stars, their relative sizes, and tell me what you think (will count as a response).

Fun fact before you start: It would take over 7,000,000,000,000,000 (7 quadrillion) Earths to fill the volume of VY Canis Majoris, the largest known star in the universe. Shocked

Mr. Fisher
Admin
Admin

Student Rating : 6

Back to top Go down

It Makes me feel reallz reallz small

Post  Alicia M. on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:15 pm

I still can't believe it, I didn't know we were THAT small. Imagine an ant, how small it is, and we are way smaller than ants next to the univers. We are inivisble, even the Earth is inivisble. I find this topic really really fasinating, because many people think that there is no life in other planets other than the Earth, but it's almost impossible. The universe is so much bigger than what we think, there must be life somewhere else. My real question is, how come the universe doesnt stop, it NEVER ends, and i don't understand that. Is the universe in something even bigger? That might be possible. There are tons of stuff that we don't know today, and hopefully in the futur humans will be able to find out more about the universe and go even futher than we can go today in a quicker way. What a Face
Alicia M.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Seeing This Make You Feel Small?

Post  Romane D. on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Seeing all those images do make me feel small! I always ask my self what is out of our galaxy? Where does it end? Are we the only galaxy? These are all the questions I ask myself when it comes to our universe. I find it kind of impossible how the Earth is the only planet that has oxygen, I often ask myself if there are any other planets out there, than the ones we know of. Studying our galaxy should be a really interesting topic, you would learn so many things everyday. Us, humans are nothing compared to our universe, our Earth is nothing either! I believe that there are probably more planets but really far aways from ours! That was a really good topic! thumbs up 
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Seeing This Make You Feel Small?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum