The Minoans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Minoans

Post  Joshua T on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:30 pm

The Minoans were the first Greek civilization. They were located on the island of Crete. Crete is largest island of Greece. The Minoans had two different writing systems, linear A and linear B. They did not leave a lot of written evidence behind, but they did leave a lot of pictures. The minions are known for the giant palace they built at Knossos. This palace has over 1000 rooms and that was where the king stayed. Since the minions were located on an island they were known for their trade contacts around the Mediterranean.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Minoans

Post  ronald L. on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Its interesting to think about how the Minoans were able to built this palace with soo many rooms! I guess it must of taken them a whole lifetime to finish this construction.

Like you said the Minoans were known for their trade with other civilizations and they also discovered many routes around the Mediterranean, they were mostly sea people. I guess this is because they were located on a island.

ronald L.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Minoans

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Nice topic, i also wrote a topic about Minoans because i find them really fascinating. Not only did they construct that enormous palace, but they also created boats and routes to other countries for trade. Most of their painting where about sea creatures, taking the fact that they would see them in their backyard ! They were sea people, obviously, and would use the sea to their advantage. Keep it up! Very Happy
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: The Minoans

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum