Helen Keller

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helen Keller

Post  martha hildreth on Sat May 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Helen Keller was a woman born in a small town in Tuscumbia, Alabama. She is known as the woman who taught people to respect those bling and deaf. When she was only 1 ½ she was extremely ill and lost her hearing and sight. For her this was a tough time because she had to adjust to a new way of living. By the age of 7 her parents decided that she needed help and hired a tutor, called Anne Sullivan. Anne was extremely strict but was a good tutor and a dedicated one, in only few days she taught Helen how to sing with her hands. The problem with Helen was that since she couldn’t see, she didn’t know what the word actually meant, until one day Anne made her touch water and spell it out, the same with earth, and every other thing she had taught her.

Helen learned how to speak by feeling her teacher’s mouth when she talked, and meanwhile learned how to read French, German, Greek, and Latin. At the age of 20 she got accepted to Radcliffe College, the women’s branch of Harvard University. Later on she wrote nearly a dozen books and articles. Helen also helped raise money for organizations, such as the American foundation for the Blind and The American Foundation for the overseas blind, which later was named after her, Helen died wile sleeping in 1968.

For me Helen Keller was an amazing woman who I look up to in every aspect. She motivates me and gives me the courage to push myself to the limits, since with arduous work she accomplished what many healthy people cant.

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Helen Keller

Post  ritalulo on Sat May 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Hellen Keller inspires me to do what i want and to be dedicated in what i believe in. She is such an amazing women, nothing let her down, she was blind, and death and she got to meat ten presidents, and got into the womens branch of Harvard. This woman is the most incredible woman I have heard about.

ritalulo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 4

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum