interesting facts about Roman Empire.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

interesting facts about Roman Empire.

Post  Kat.B on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Sometimes as a treatment of infertility Roman doctors recommended drinking blood of the fallen gladiators.

After the emperor's death people let the eagle(symbol of the god Jupiter) fly , so it took emperor's soul to heaven.

In the Roman Empire, there were 80,000 kilometers of roads.

Hannibal has frightened Romans so much, that they have for centuries scared their children with his name.

In ancient Rome, if a baby had a crooked nose, it was considered as a sign of his leadership qualities.

Over the Colosseum you could push a large sun visor that protected the observers from the sun on hot days.

The Colosseum had been built in 12 years. For all the 70,000 spectators could to get out took just three minutes.
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: interesting facts about Roman Empire.

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon May 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice topic Kat. I find all of these facts very interesting. I wonder why the Roman doctors suggested drinking the blood of the fallen gladiators. Is that a lot of road compared to what Rome has now or a little or is it about the same? The legend of Hannibal still lives on and there are so many movies and series about him. Why would a crooked nose lead to leadership?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  laraschembrisant on Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Nice topic, the Roman Empire is a very diverse topic, and these "fun facts" as you call them don't include more 1/3 of the facts of Rome. The Roman Empire is the first empire ever and to be honest one of my favorite. I can't believe your fun facts they're so interesting.

laraschembrisant
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum