Fun facts about Nero

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fun facts about Nero

Post  Kat.B on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm

The Roman Emperor Nero married his slave Skorusom in a public ceremony.

Nero to celebrated his birthdays at the festival, where you could hear the poetic recitation of the Emperor Nero, who was fond of poetry.

Shortsighted Emperor Nero docthad been advised by doctors to strengthen his vision, by looking at the green. Nero started wearing a green dress, his bedroom was decorated by chrysolite, and he even put small malachite rocks on the arena for gladiators' fights, and looked at the battles themselves through polished emerald.
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Fun facts about Nero

Post  Tati.Suriel on Sat May 04, 2013 1:03 am

This first fact actually really interested me, because you would think that he would not marry someone of such lower level than him. Even dehumanization is still common today with people with greater power or affluence, to those with less power or have a lower social status. Also, it is surprising that he celebrated his birthday at a festival, as apposed to having a huge event dedicated JUST to him. It's strange how people can change sometimes. Interesting topic!
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon May 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Nice topic Kat. I actually really like reading interesting facts that not everyone knows. Why did he marry his slave? I knew that Nero liked poems and I think that he used to sing but people said that he had no talent. Why would green help a shortsighted empire? I never knew that Nero was shortsighted. I wonder if there are any other empires that are shortsighted or needed glasses but they just didn't think that was important for history.
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  laraschembrisant on Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Good topic Kat. I like it because It is some facts that were not mentioned in class and that really interest me. Nero was an emperor with great power. He did many things for the Roman Empire, but this shows with one mistake your life can change drastically and then you have nothing.

laraschembrisant
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Coutu on Tue May 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Great topic Kat!! I agreed with Tati when I read the first fact you wrote because I didn't expect it eigther that he would marry someone that was in a lower class than he was. I guess he was really in love with her. That's something I didn't remember about Nero. Good job Kat! Very Happy
Brian Coutu
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Fun Facts- Neo

Post  Samuelvela on Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

Hmm i didn't know that Nero was colorblind and i never would have thought he would wear a green dress!! Anyways great topic Kat keep up the great work!!

Samuelvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  simonvela on Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Very interesting topic Kat!
I never knew anything about Nero's colorblindness or that he married his slave. ITs really wierd what Kings do. Im surprised he would marry hsi slave when he could choose any woman from the land. Usually the kings picked the richest bride but he choose differently. Good job Kat.
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Interesting topic Kat. In my mind, Nero has always been an awful emperor that burned down Rome, for his benefit. I never knew all those facts about him. The fact that I am most surprised with, is how he married a slave. Nero, a powerful wealthy man, had the possibility to marry any other woman of his social class, but instead he married a slave in public. Maybe it was true love, or maybe it was just for fun or for work. Nice topic Kat, keep it up!
Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  martinka64_Kate on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I like this topic, because I would never expect Nero to marry his slave. But it happened few times in the history, also with the emperor Salomon (very interesting story by the way, like really you guys).
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum