Antônio Carlos Jobim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antônio Carlos Jobim

Post  Nastiaknd on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Antônio Carlos Jobim (1927-1994) - one of those composers and musicians, whose name always causes a heart temper and positive emotions in peoples minds.

The melodies of this author are well-known to the whole world and become "standards" not only in jazz music, but also for many instrumentalists and singers in general, one of founding fathers of the bossa nova style which has increased greatly traditions of national Brazilian culture, the maestro of Jobim left after himself the most rich creative work which, for sure , becomes sor t of an inspiration source for many generations.

http://jazz.about.com/od/latinjazz/p/AntonioCarlosJobim.htm
http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/exhibits/bio/C163
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Antônio Carlos Jobim

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Surprisingly, I had never heard of Antonio Carlos Jobim before. As you said, he must've been an incredible artist to be well-known all over the world. What exactly did he do to be so famous? I personally love music, and I think that every artist matters and brings something new to the world of music. Nice topic Nastia, keep it up! thumbs up bananarama congratulations

Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Tati.Suriel on Sat May 04, 2013 1:17 am

I have never heard of Antonio Carlos Jobim either, but I'm sure he's a great artist! I wonder why I have never heard of him if he's so famous. Maybe it's since he did not live long and lived during a period of rock and roll and while other artists were peaking. Interesting topic!
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Sun May 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I had never heard about him either. Maybe he was more popular near his birthplace? I am not a fan of jazz which is probably another reason as to why I hadn't heard of him before. I'm going to listen to his music on youtube, great job!
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  simonvela on Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm

its very interesting that music can be so powerful. It's also interesting ath so many people fall n love with music. personnaly i dont know anybody who doeent listen to any kind of music. Its a great invention.

Good job Nastia!
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: