Byzantine Empire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Byzantine Empire

Post  Kat.B on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I'll not take Mr. Fisher's right to tell you about it, so just a brief explanation.
As you are supposed to know, Byzaantine Empire had been world's leading empire since 395 AD to 1453 AD. Oh, how many wars and loses suffered this empire! Byzantine had created a brilliant culture, the best in all Middle Ages, probably. And of course, the only culture that had existed before XI AD in Christian Europe. For centuries, Constantinople had been the only and the greatest city in Christian Europe. No one could be compared to it. It's literature and art made a great influence on neigtboring countries. We still can see some of the remains, they can show us, how great and impressive this empire once was. That's why Byzantine was so important in ancient times. It was like a wise teacher for other countries. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers study king queen

Finally I wrote about something more or less positive...
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Byzantine Empire

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Wow, very interesting topic Kat! As you said, the Byzantine Empire was the greatest empire of Christian Europe. But the question is, what made it so special? Was it because of its diverse culture, or because they had a strong and powerful army? The Byzantine Empire must've been great, but how come it fell? If it was so diverse in terms of culture and so powerful. I cannot wait until we learn more about it! Good Job kat, keep it up! bananarama congratulations thumbs up
Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon May 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Nice topic Kat. I never knew that the Byzantine Empire was such and important one. Why was the Byzantine Empire such an important empire though? What made it stand out among the others? I never knew that the Byzantine Empire was the greatest empire of Christian Europe. How come it was the greatest empire of Christian Europe?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: