Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great, brought ortodoxy to Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great, brought ortodoxy to Russia

Post  Kat.B on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great, grandson of Olga(I wrore about her). He was a Russian tsar' (like emperor or king), who had chosen Orthodoxy to be Russian official religion.After a long and I guess a very funny process(Russians were polytheistic before that) they finally had chosen it. Why did Russian tsar' choose Orthodoxy? Well, there are different points of view. I believe in one of them. Let me tell you about it. Russian people loved(and love) to look cool. Also Russians were very... willful, so they were choosing mostly by these criterias. People had to like it, or there would be a revolution, and also Russian religion had to be very representative. The looked at different religions. And always found something they didn't like. For example, Catholicism seemed very simple, poor to Russian tsar', who used to always get the most expensive and beautiful(in his opinion) things. And then he found out about Orthodoxy. Have you ever seen an Orthodox cross? (Well, ask me in school, I always wear it, I can show it) It's all about ornamentation, there is a florid frame around it. In Orthodox churches everything was gold and expensive. May be he really believed in it, who knows? Yeah, he just loved it. But Russians didn't. They were fully against such a thing. "What?! They tell us that our gods don't exist? How is that?! What a nonescense!" So Vladimir had a huge trouble: he was the one used to expensive stuff, not his people. But anyway, people were really afraid of tsar', so they finally agreed with this religion. Who would know, that Russians will even love this religion in time. Now the majority of Russians is Othodox. cheers
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great, brought ortodoxy to Russia

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Nice topic Kat. I find it fun reading about different places and learning more of their history. I didn't know that the majority of Russians were Orthodox. Why was it a very long and very funny process what happened? I never knew Russians were polytheistic and I never knew how Orthodox became an official religion. Nice topic, keep up the good work!
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat.B on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 pm

This process was funny, because Russians were very different from Buddhism, for example. So almost all religions sounded weird to them. I just imagine tsar, sitting on the throne and making faces, while the messenger from the country, whose religion they were observing didn't look. Twisted Evil
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: