The 1920 flapper girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 1920 flapper girls

Post  maddie on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 am

The 1920's was the prime during that time, the night life was awake and alive and Americans were learning how to live. during this time the well known flapper girls became known. Flapper girls were known for their seemingly short dresses(just above the knees) which at the time was a bit scandalous to show legs and arms. Flapper girls were known for their dark and abrupt eye makeup, boyish cuts with curls, box-ish dresses, and their stray from tradition.
They were not like other women and were looked at as promiscuous free women. The slang word flapper, describing a young woman, is sometimes supposed to refer to a young bird flapping its wings while learning to fly. They stepped out of the box and revolted in their own ways against the traditional norm of what women were. By treating sex in a casual manner, smoking, driving automobiles, and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms. The flapper girls were part of the revolutions that happened all around them while preparing us for what we have now.
maddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The 1920 flapper girls

Post  AnaMartinez on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Great post Maddie! Smile I never actually realized when this whole "flapper girl" thing even began. I didn't realize that it began in the 1920's, I always thought it was something that had begun in 1970's or such. These flapper girls were probably looked at with a lot of disgust by other women, maybe even their families. I mean, it's good that they decided that they wanted to be free and live their own life disregarding what other people say and want them to be. The only bad thing that came out of this, is that women now make a living out of this and are sometimes being mistreated and abused. Overall, it changed the world into what it is today.
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum