lie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lie

Post  Nastiaknd on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:08 pm

In February 1990, in Brooklyn, New York someone shot and then robbed a jewelry store courier. David Ranta was near the crime scene and police arrested him . There wasn’t any physical evidence against him, but the jury, based on the testimony, decided that he is guilty. That man had to be in prison for 37 years .Only 22 years later it was found out that witnesses lied because of the pressure on them from police side .
Witnesses admitted false testimony. Prosecution inspection revealed the loss of evidence and started an investigation .During his time in prison, David's parents have died. His daughter is pregnant already. At the time of her father's arrest, she was only two years old.

http://www.cnn.com/
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: lie

Post  Brian Coutu on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 pm

This is an amazing topic Nastia! I really enjoyed reading about it! I can't believe how unfortunate that man was. I can't imagine how horrible I would feel if I was acused of something I didn't do then punished so harshly for it! I can't believe he spent 22 years in priso before they found out it wasn't really him. That's definately a lot of time lost/ Keep it up Nastia!
Brian Coutu
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  martha hildreth on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 pm

this is just incredible. I think that people should do something about it because it is not fair that he had to go through all that and at the end it was the police's fault. This was an incredible topic and it is amazing to see how many mistakes are made and how pressure can change a person's thoughts into something unreal. great topic nastia keep it up congratulations

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Tati.Suriel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 pm

wow, that's heart breaking! Can you imagine living in prison for 22 years and knowing that you were wrongly accused but not having any real say to get you out! I think the witnesses should have consequences for lying so bigly too! I would feel even more guilty if I were a witness and I lied getting someone thrown in jail. I think there is no reason for lying about that just because you were "under pressure". I feel like there was more to the story then we know, like possibly the witness knew the criminal.
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulises De Leon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

22 years is a really long time to be in jail for something that you didn’t even do. That must have sucked really badly. I think it was just ridiculous what the police did because you can’t just accuse someone without even having enough evidence. That is the complete opposite of what a police man should be doing. Anyways I fell really badly for this guy but at least it’s all in the past now. Mad Sad Crying or Very sad
Ulises De Leon
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

This is simply amazing and extremely sad. I cannot believe that this man had to miss out through so much throughout his life while paying for something he hadn´t done. It´s really upsetting how his parents passed away just as his daughter is now a grown woman. People should really be careful with what they say because they can hurt others.
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum