Uranus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uranus

Post  Nastiaknd on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Uranus(planet) is number seven by the distance from the Sun and the third by the diameter of the mass in our solar system. It was discovered in 1781 by British astronomer William Herschel and was named because of the Greek god of the sky «Uranus», the father of Cronus (Saturn in Roman mythology).
Uranus was the first planet discovered in modern times …by using a telescope. This discovery of Uranus was announced March 13, 1781 and this,for the first time since ancient ages, brought more information about solar system .Uranus is visible to human eye, but most scientist had no idea that it`s a planet because of its dimness and slow movement. In 1986 , American spacecraft "Voyager 2" brought to Earth amazing images of Uranus .

http://nineplanets.org/uranus.html
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Uranus

Post  martinka64_Kate on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am

Uranus is a very beautiful planet. If I would choose my favorite it wouldn't be uranus though...it would be mars, it is also amazing, and it is red color.
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Uranus

Post  Samuelvela on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:04 pm

When is was in 1st grade we learned a song about the planets to memorize in order. Di you think Pluto should be considered a planet? Uranus is also one of my favorite planets.

Samuelvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Uranus is a beautiful planet and I wonder how the human kind felt once they discovered this amazing ball of mass. I want Pluto to be considered a planet because I feel as if it's being left out or something. Great job!
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Coutu on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Wow, I really enjoyed reading about you topic Nastia!! I had no idea that Uranus was visible to the human eye! Since it is number seven from the sun, does that mean it is one of the farthest ones meaning it is extremely cold? By the way, I really like how you posted pictures as well. Keep up the good work Nastia.
Brian Coutu
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Wow, I had no idea Uranus was visible to the human eye. What is it like on Uranus? Is the gravity extremely strong? Can we walk on Uranus as we can on the moon? Why is Uranus blue? Why is it so dim and why does it have such slow movement? Is Uranus really cold? Is Uranus actually a planet, or is it a non-planet as Pluto is considered to be?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulises De Leon on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm

I really like your topic; I never knew all those awesome facts about Uranus. I really like the pictures you put too. I hope you continue to write good topics like this in the futre.
Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing
Ulises De Leon
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: