Medusa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medusa

Post  Kat.B on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm

I think, you've heard about her. Medusa. It means a jelly fish in russian(ha-ha What a Face ). One of the versians of her origin was that she was a beautiful mortal girl, very beautiful and selfish. She thought that she could be even more beautiful than Athena. Of course, Athena didn't like it. So when she found out that a mortal girl dared to be so beautiful, she changed Medusa's charming hair into ugly snakes. The girl got new, evil ability- to turn people into stones. What would you do if this happened to you? She tried to hide, she lived among other gorgons(immortal creatures like her). Her face still was beautiful, but no mortal could look at it. She was killes by Perseus. May be she was happy to die. Sad

Last edited by Kat.B on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Medusa

Post  Brian Coutu on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Nice topic Kat! I really like that story of Medusa!! Don't you find it interesting how even the gods seemed to have human like characteristics? I mean, Athena was sort of jealous of her and turned her into and ugly immortal creature which wasn't really fair. I can't imagine how much it would suck to be turned into what Medusa was turned into where you have to hide from everyone else.
Brian Coutu
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Nice topic Kat! I really like Medusa's stories and tales. I find a lot of mythology really interesting. I never knew Medusa's name meant a jelly fish in Russian. I wonder if that had some impact on why they named her Medusa. I wonder if she was happy to die. I probably would have done the same thing, and hidden among the other immortals creatures. How did Perseus kill her if he couldn't look at her?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat.B on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Maya Luisa wrote:Nice topic Kat! I really like Medusa's stories and tales. I find a lot of mythology really interesting. I never knew Medusa's name meant a jelly fish in Russian. I wonder if that had some impact on why they named her Medusa. I wonder if she was happy to die. I probably would have done the same thing, and hidden among the other immortals creatures. How did Perseus kill her if he couldn't look at her?
Maya, Russian is a little simular to Greek and Latin, I even can read and understand few words, so may be yes. He used his flying sandals and shield to look at her and cut her head off. Later on he used it(her head kept one last deadly sight) to kill a monster and save a girl. study
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Post  simonvela on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Nice topic Kat!

It's very sad that the gods got so jealous so fast and ruined other beings lives just because they were jealous. Honestly they all have sad fates but there are thoese types of people. Well anyways good job!
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Medusa

Post  Samuelvela on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Another Myth about Medusa is that she was turned like that because she and Posiden were in one of the temples having sexual intercourse. This was inside one of the books i read. Not sure if true or not though. Keep up the good work!!

Samuelvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Nice topic! I think that Medusa's punishment was very harsh and that Athena shouldn't have done that. Are you sure that it was Athena and Aphrodite? Aphrodite is the one who feels threatened by others being more beautiful than her. Anyways, if that had happened to me...I would shave my head and wait for my beautiful hair to grow again.
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum