Hetaera Thaïs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hetaera Thaïs

Post  Kat.B on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey!)

I wanted to share with you a book. I read it 3 years ago. It is called "Thais of Athens", written by Ivan Efremov in 1972. This book tells us about the Greek life, their beliefs and the life of Alexander Macedonian. I really recommend this book. I usually don't like russian books, but this one made me laugh and cry. It's not really big, but you'll have to spend some time. It is full of beautiful descriptions, real facts(which'll really help you with history bounce ), but it's not a usual boring historian book king . It has action, hunts, love(not a lot No ), there is a lot of advantures and scary moments, mixed with phylosophy. Read it!
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Hetaera Thaïs

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:03 pm

That sounds like an interesting book Kat. Is it in Russian? Is the author Russian? When was the author born? Why did this person write this book? How old was he when he did? It is cool that a history book is considered, not boring. How did it make you laugh and cry? What happens that's sad and funny? How many pages is it? How long did it take him to write it?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 am

That book seems pretty interesting! As you said, the book "Thais of Athens" tells us about the Greek life. But what part of the Greek life? Because Greek has a long history and we would need more than one book to write it all. Is this book mainly a non-fiction book or a fiction? I'm sure it is pretty interesting and good based on how you described it. Since we studied Greece, we should've read that book as a whole class to help us understand better! Nice work Kat, keep it up! thumbs up bananarama congratulations

Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:59 pm

That sounds very interesting! And I agree with Lou, what part exactly of the Greek life does the book focus on? Or is it more general? Also, it must be extremely good for it not to be boring. Some times, book that are too historic and based highly on true facts bore people. But if you by the way you describe it seems very interesting!
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat.B on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm

This book covers Alexander Macedonian's life. From his reign to death(and a little more). It has fiction, few facts are created by the author, but it tells us about myths, legends, religion, brave Spartans, and all the interesting and traditional Greek things.. After reading it, you will understand the life in Greece. It's really wise, more for grown-ups, so if you are a lover of fun books, or mystery with a happy-end and love story, and you don't want to improve your IQ, don't read it) I hope, I answered your questions) bounce
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: