The King and Queen flee the Austria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The King and Queen flee the Austria

Post  maddie on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 am

The King and Queen were scared for their lives at this point. The Revolution was in full gear. One night they finally decided it was time for them to make their escape.King Luis XVI dressed up as a peasant, and they dressed their son in woman's clothing not to be recognized. They knew if someone were to see them that would be it. As they were about to cross the border into austria they were stopped. The guards made them all get out off the cart to inspect it. When the guard realized that they were the royal family he was down on he's knees bowing. Another guard caught the sight of this and came to see what was happening. The only difference between the two was that one was part of the resistance. This was the final step. the people were outraged that the king would try to flee when they needed them most. The people made the family move into a palace in Paris where they could keep an eye on them and make sure they would not try and flee again.
maddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The King and Queen flee the Austria

Post  AnaMartinez on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Nice post Maddie! Smile
I think that the king and queen had a right to flee to Austria. I mean, they were being threatened and they were terrified of being executed by their own people. Also, they must of been scared for their children. They fled to protect not only themselves but their family. But maybe, if they wouldn't of fled, they might of not have been executed. It's something we can think about but will never know. Although, I don't think that the royal family deserved to be executed. They were just frightened. Yes, they weren't the best king and queen of France but execution is a pretty drastic thing to do.
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum