Sylvan Goldman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sylvan Goldman

Post  Nastiaknd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

In 1934, Sylvan Goldman, owner of several supermarkets, saw that consumers stoped shopping when their bags started to be too heavy. This inspired him to the invention of shopping carts.But nobody wanted to use it, even when he showed posters describing the method of their use. So Goldman hired some people to roll carts around the store - and buyers soon followed them. His invention won a complete victory, and he died being very rich.
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvan Goldman

Post  martinka64_Kate on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

This is a great topic! Everytime I go shopping I use the cart haha, even today it is still such a helpful thing!
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tati.Suriel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

That is such an interesting invention. Sylvan Goldman must have been quite an intelligent person because it is very true that no one wants to be carrying a heavy bag around. Nowadays everyone uses shopping carts if they go shopping, unless it's for a few things. I'm not really sure what we would do without them because most people seem to buy a lot of stuff when they go grocery shopping. I wonder if he ever thought that his invention would become so big and would still be used now. Great topic ;D
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 pm

I really like this topic. It is unique and very creative. Good work. I wonder how long it took this man to actually think of the idea of the shopping cart. What inspired him except the heavy bags theory? How did he make it? How long did it take him to make it? How long did it take before people started actually using it daily? I wonder why they didn't want to use the shopping cart at first. Were they scared of it? I bet he died a millionaire because those carts are very handy.
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: