Mohammed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mohammed

Post  martha hildreth on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Mohammed was born on 570 A.C. in Meca. He lived his life as a merchant. He learned about different religions because of his traveling around the world and in the different small communities that he lived in like Christianity and Judaism. When he was forty years old he began to retire to desserts and stay there for days in a cave saying that Ala, the God he believed in talked to him and told him what the truth is. He then began to predict his religion in Meca as if he was the on to follow after Abraham, Moises and Christ. After the rich people and the authorities saw how his beliefs were beginning to grow and become popular they saw him as a threat and started the persecutions against him and the believers. These persecutions were getting bigger and he decided to run to Medina in 622 A.C. This date was marked as the beginning of the Islamic calendar. When he got to Medina he was rejected by the Jews and there he realized that his religion was not following directly Abraham but it was a new religion which spreaded fast and continued spreading after his death in 632 A.C.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mohammed

Post  Ignacio Sainz on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 am

Great Job! It was a very interesting topic Smile. It is very interesting how the religions start. Did he believe in another religion first or was he planning on making a new religion since small?
Keep up the good work!! Very Happy thumbs up

Ignacio Sainz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  laraschembrisant on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm

I really like your topic Martha. I love learning about cultures because it gives you perspective and i went to camp 2 years ago and there were many muslims and their religion is so complicated but in a beautiful way because it is very religious and its different than any other.

laraschembrisant
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum