Wow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow

Post  Kat.B on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Frank Selak, a Croatian music teacher, began his streak in 1962. Train in which he was riding was derailed, overturned several times and fell into the water. 17 people died. Selak managed to swim to shore with a broken arm.
A year later, he flew in an airplane. Somewhere high above the ground there was a depressurization in the cabin side door came off. Selak sucked directly overboard ... When he woke up in the hospital, he was informed that the plane crashed and he was found in a haystack.
In 1966 he had an accident on a bus. 4 people died. Selak escaped with minor injuries.
In 1970, his car caught fire during the trip. He stepped outside to put out the fire, when the car exploded.
In 1973 there was another car accident. At this time, due to a malfunction in the fuel system, ignition has occurred inside the cabin. As a result, Selak was burned most of the hair on his head.
In 1995 he was hit by a bus. Frank got off easy - shock and minor injuries.
1996 ... driving on a mountain road by car, Selak saw a truck, riding straight at him. He had to dodge to the side and break out of the car on the move, so as not to fall into the ravine.
In 2003, Selak bought a lottery ticket for the first 40 years of his life at age 74. In the end, he won $ 1 million. Shocked
Kat.B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 24

http://vk.com/idkissme98

Back to top Go down

Re: Wow

Post  Maya Luisa on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Wow Kat interesting topic! It seems as though this man is immortal or very lucky! How could he survive so many near-death experiences? How could he be lucky so many different times? Was he a magician? Is this how he managed to do all of that? Very interesting topic, I really liked the way you listed the years along with the events that go with them. But I still wonder, how could this man have so much good luck?! Nice topic Kat. Very Happy
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 am

That's amazing! It looks like death was really not going to win the battle! I'm not sure if that should be called luck or a miracle. That man survived things that many people or most people wouldn't of survived. Is he fit? I guess so since he was able to avoid so many accidents. Great job!! bananarama thumbs up
Dominique
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  laraschembrisant on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

I cant believe a person can survive that many accidents! It was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I honestly do not understand how a normal human being can be so immortal at the same time. It's weird because people today believe in luck or it could be timing. No one can ever know.

laraschembrisant
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  martinka64_Kate on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

I think that so many accidents had affected him, and prepared him for the other horrible accidents in his life. jk not like he trained everyday. But he was very lucky, and seriously I hope for the best, and that he dies in piece and not in some other accident.
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  simonvela on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Very intresting Kat!
It's very cool how he had survived many accidents and won the lottery but, maybe everything happened for a reason. Think about it maybe he was targeted to be killed and he was lucky to not die, and the lottery maybe it was wrigged and he would get sued or something. WEll anyways good job.
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Wow

Post  Samuelvela on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Hmm im not sure if the guy is very lucky for surviving all of that or just unlucky for getting into all of that. Anyways keep up with the great work.

Samuelvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum