Marilyn Monroe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marilyn Monroe

Post  Nastiaknd on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Marilyn Monroe was born in June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles. After 2 weeks she was born she was given to a foster family. In June 19, 1942 at the age of 16 years she married and leave school. In 1944, when she was eighteen-years old she gets her first salary for acting as a photo model ($ 5) per hour. In March 1948 She signed its first contract with Warner Bros. - a six-month contract with the studio, "Columbia Pictures." After the movie "Niagara" (1953) and "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (1953) for Marilyn Monroe gave her a star status and named her as a sex symbol, and in "monkey business", she first appears blonde. In 1951 she started dating John F. Kennedy. In January 1954, Monroe married again. This time her husband was Joe DiMaggio - American baseball star. But the marriage not lasted for long - only 9 months. In March ,1954 Marilyn gets the award "Most Popular Actress". In 1956, Marilyn Monroe registers her third marriage. The third and last husband was Arthur Miller. It was the longest marriage in the life of Marilyn Monroe,it lasted four and a half years. Her life ended on the night of August 5, 1962 in Brentwood, California. Marilyn Monroe died at age 36 from a lethal dose of sleeping pills.

http://marilynmonroe.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Marilyn Monroe

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Nice topic Nastia! Very Happy Did you know that the Barbie Doll is actually based on Marilyn Monroe, well the original ones? Back in her time she was considered a blonde bombshell. I never knew that she died so young. I wonder what would have happened if she had lived longer. Do you think it would have affected history if she lived longer? What would it do to our lives today if she had never became famous? Would the Barbie Doll still exist?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am

Very Nice topic Nastia! I think that Marilyn Monroe is a very important person regarding acting, and always be remembered. I have watched many movies in which she acts in, and in every movie I have seen she always looks stunning, and of course acts really good. Also, Marilyn's fame rose when she sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to Jhon F. Kennedy for his birthday. It was a fantastic show! I find it so sad that she had to die so young... But why do you think that she overdosed her sleeping pills? Do you think it had to do with her work, such ad acting; or problems in her personal life? It has been exactly 50 years now since Marilyn's death but she is still remembered and will be remembered for a long time! Anyways, nice topic Nastia! Keep it up! thumbs up bananarama congratulations
Here is a quote that I really like, written by Marilyn Monroe:
I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else. - Marilyn Monroe
Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Tati.Suriel on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm

I never knew that Marilyn Monroe lived in a foster home. I bet her birth parents regretted giving her up (if they didn't die). She sure was all around with her marriages, she sure was a risk taker, because she even risked having an affair, that is still remembered today, with John F Kennedy when he was married to Jackie Kennedy. Marilyn Monroe is usually remember for her mole above her lip, her affair with JFK, and her dress that flew up on "man holes".

It is kind of weird how many famous people have died of drug overdoses. You would think they have everything they ever wanted, being famous and making loads of money. I wonder if there is a certain reason it occurs so often or if it is something for attention. Marilyn Monroe was well known and sadly died at such a young age, but it seems to be happening more and more often now.
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum