Leonardo Davincis mona lisa painting

Go down

Leonardo Davincis mona lisa painting

Post  Jordan Wahba on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am

The painting Mona Lisa is a very important and famous paint by Leonardo da Vinci. The Mona Lisa is also known as the La Gioconda or La Joconde. This painting was painted in oil on a poplar panel in Florence. The Mona Lisa was the wife of Francesco del Giocondo. Her painting still remains in France. Leonardo began painting the Mona Lisa in 1503. Leonardo was working for days on this painting, but one day he stopped. He then moved to France and resumed painting the Mona Lisa. Shortly after he had finished it he died in 1519. I decided to Write about this painting because its just an amazing painting that needs to be shared around the world. The mona lisa will never be forgotten.
Jordan Wahba
Jordan Wahba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Leonardo Davincis mona lisa painting

Post  Maya Luisa on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Jordan, nice topic! Very Happy Did you know that the Mona Lisa has no eyebrows? You do not really notice it at first but after a while of concentration you can see it pretty easily. Do you think the fact that she has no eyebrows contributes to the history of France? Supposedly, the Mona Lisa was a self-portrait and that Leonardo Davinci was kind of a gay guy. And you know how you think the Mona Lisa is really big, well I read online that it is not and that Leonardo used to carry it around with him! Isn't that strange!? Anyways, nice topic Jordan! Smile
Maya Luisa
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

https://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Minu Sadeghi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

This was an interesting topic, especially since I just read a nice passage about the Mona Lisa painting a few days ago. It really stirred up some mysterious problems back in the time (and still today) because artists could not answer many of the questions that the painting gave off. No one knows whether she is smiling or not, and if she is, why? I read that maybe the reason for her mysterious smile is because she might have had an affair with Da Vinci. It really confuses people. Nice topic, Jordan! Wink
Minu Sadeghi
Minu Sadeghi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  elena.scates on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 pm

The Mona Lisa has been a studied painting for many years! It shows a real importance for art worldwide. When my cousin saw the Mona Lisa in the museum it stays in, he was surprised at how small it was compared to how big it's reputation is. Some people think that the Mona Lisa was actually painted as half of a woman and half as a man, but I don't really understand that as the painting looks very much the same on both sides. It's cool how wherever you're standing while in front of the painting, it looks like the Mona Lisa is still looking at you!
elena.scates
elena.scates
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Coutu on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Great choice of topic Jordan! The Mona Lisa is an extremely beautiful painting. It is amazing how long ago it was finished by Leonardo da Vinci and it still remains in France. You said he finished painting it shortly before he died in 1519, which means the painting has existed for approximately 500 years and it hasn't lost its spark of interest. That’s amazing. Keep up the good work Jordan.
Brian Coutu
Brian Coutu
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignacio Sainz on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Great Job Jordan! I agree with you, the mona lisa is actually a beautiful painting. Like Maya said I have read that the Mona Lisa was a painting of himself. I have also read that were ever you are it looks that the Mona Lisa is looking at you and I think that, that is kind of cool. I really liked your topic keep it up

Ignacio Sainz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum