The difference between religions in England and Spain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The difference between religions in England and Spain

Post  maddie on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 pm

England and Spain could not have been more different in the way they worshiped. Spain was a complete Catholic monarchy. Wile on the other hand England were strong protestants. This caused many conflicts. Spain wanted to restore Catholicism to Europe. England did not feel the same way. This started the Spanish armada. They wanted to kill every person that wasn't Catholic, and so they did. But England did not let this go on for long. England confronted them in the English channel by sea and destroyed them under the rule of Elizabeth I.
maddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The difference between religions in England and Spain

Post  LauraNoaBassano on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

For what we learned in class, I think that Elizabeth I of england was an amazing ruler.
here is some interesting facts about her:
  • She was Daughter of Henry the VIII and his second wife.
  • Her mom was beheaded by her father when she was little.
  • She came to the throne after her Bloody sister Mary died.
  • She didn't care if the people were protestant or catholic, in fact she let them chose.
  • That is one of the reasons she was really loved.
  • Also she wasn't the typical "boring" leader of the time.
  • She was a politician and she used reasoning to take the decisions.
  • She always took decision for the best of England and its people, not for herself.
  • She was a strong outstanding woman in fact she never got married.
  • When she died in 1603 she didn't have any heir for the throne so the house of England changed from the Tudor to the Stuart.
  • She was a great ruler and she did a lot for England.
LauraNoaBassano
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001220029647

Back to top Go down

Post  Brock M. Hay on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Philip was some pressured insecure guy who really wanted to live up to his crazy as heck grandparents who had an inquisition and killed everyone who wasn't Catholic. So matching that up with destroying England was a pretty satisfying thought. Though it did not work because the other fleet was on both sides of them and chased them out. IF you were a Spanish general, how would you destroy England, what different battle tactic would you have?
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice post, Maddie! As I read your post, I couldn't help but wonder what other differences there were between England and Spain. Since you already covered the religious ones, i will cover the main and fun cultural ones!

1. Eating Times: In the UK, people tend to eat earlier than in Spain.
2. Opening Times at stores: In England, shops open from 9:00am to 6:00pm. In Spain, the stores are open from 10:00am to 9:00pm. It seems like Spaniards work really long days, but they do have a break in-between. This break is called a siesta!
3. Of course, they have different languages: English and Spanish! (I would hope you already knew that!)

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum