Romulus and Remus (the creation of the roman empire)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Romulus and Remus (the creation of the roman empire)

Post  martha hildreth on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm

This tale says that Rhea Silvia was a priestess who conceived two children named Romulus and Remus with the god of Mars. This kids where thrown to the water of the Tibet River and since in that time the river was flooded they came to the shore. A wolf found them feed them with milk and took care of them with the help of a woodpecker who brought them food. Some say that these two animals where sacred to the god of Mars. Surprised After spending some time with the wolf they where found by a shepherd who took him home and along with his wife took care of him. Some myths refer to the wife as the wolf because that’s how many called her; some even say that she feed them from the breast and not the wolf. Romulus and Remus repositioned Numitor in his throne by killing Amulius the brother of Numitor who had taken his position. And that’s how they created a new empire.

They chose the place where the wolf had nursed them and Romulus began building walls. Remus complained because they where too low so they got in a disagreement and continuously into a fight. Romulus with anger killed Remus and continued creating his empire and named it Rome after his name, making its first civilization fugitives and outlaws. And this is according to the myth the way the Roman Empire was created. Very Happy

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Romulus and Remus (the creation of the roman empire)

Post  simonvela on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Good post Martha!
I have a question, where did this civilization actually begin? I mean like an exact location, did it begin in Europe or in Asia. Also if it is recorded in history who was this mysterious shepherd who took them in and cared for them?

well anyways good job! Smile
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Response

Post  Samuelvela on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Great topic Martha.. When i was in 7th grade i actually studied the roman empire. This post you made is actually very accurate!!! Great job!! cheers cheers cheers

Samuelvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Good job Martha! I really like your topic! It is precise and accurate. And I agree with Simon,
where did this civilization actually begin? I mean like an exact location, did it begin in Europe or in Asia. Also if it is recorded in history who was this mysterious shepherd who took them in and cared for them?
Very nice topic, but what are the answers to those questions? Do you know? cyclops
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

http://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  martha hildreth on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:18 pm

where did this civilization actually begin? I mean like an exact location, did it begin in Europe or in Asia. Also if it is recorded in history who was this mysterious shepherd who took them in and cared for them?

well the shepherd was Faustulus and his wife was Acca Larentia, I have searched the precise location and I can't find it but I would guess that it is where modern day rome is

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum