Religion beliefs in Europe and Spain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religion beliefs in Europe and Spain

Post  JeremyM on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Jews and moors (muslims) always have to have someone to blame. In the spanish territory it was split half to half with the land, half the land was filled with spanish, and the ther half by moors. Muslims were named moors because they were different, and believed different things religiously and were just different in general. Spain wanted to get their land back, and they decided they would. They started to invade, but not really invade cause it was already the spanish lands. Shocked So when they did, years and years passed when finally only granada was the only land filled with moors. Spanish got to get rid of the moors from their land, and moved them to Africa.

In Europe were the jews and moors. The Jews were pretty much like the moors in spain, and weren't wanted in the land of Queen elizabeth I or King Phillip II. With the Jews and moors or any other believer that wouldn't be Catholic or Christian, would be tortured to death. Even if they weren't jews or moors, but expected to be believing in any other religion, they also would be tortured and killed. It wasn't a pleasent time, and population of jews and moors in both Spain and England lowered drastically. it wasn't their fault, but for England it was.
Also were protestants, they were believers of Jesus, but they would only believe in what the bible would say and no other figure like fathers and prechures. They were seen as a threat and were also dealt with severly.
Since this happend, Jews were moved from England and kept on believing in Judaism, and the moors (Muslims) were moved to Africa to believe in ther religion. Religion in Europe and Spain were both either Catholic or Christian, and they believed that anyone who wouldnt worship Jesus, were debolic worshipers and believers in the Devil.
Why do you believe that Spain and England wanted to get rid of anyone who didn't worship Jesus?
JeremyM
Newcomer
Newcomer

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion beliefs in Europe and Spain

Post  LauraNoaBassano on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Why do you believe that Spain and England wanted to get rid of anyone who didn't worship Jesus?

I think because in that period of time England and Spain were commanded by Mary of england and Philip II of Spain. they were extremely Christian and they didn't want any interference with their religion. Also they didn't want the Jews and the Moors in their land. Again the racist thoughts repeats itself after the triangular trade.
LauraNoaBassano
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001220029647

Back to top Go down

Post  HayleyGrice on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

I think Spain and England were so determined to get rid of those who didnt believe in their religion because they possed as threats to them. I think they believed that by ridding their nations of those who didnt believe in their chosen religion, they were doing God's work,even if it went against the basic morals of the Bible. Shocked

HayleyGrice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Like most places, England and Spain wanted their nations to be all Jesus believers. They didn't want religious diversity, because they thought that might divide their countries into too many separate communities. Having the same religion might have given the Spanish and the British more sense of togetherness. Another reason could be that people from other religions normally come from different countries. Those other countries could be planning to invade the territories ruled by England or Spain, imposing threats to the people in power. I think that having your country all under one religion was just something that most rulers wanted to do in their lifetime during those times.

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  AnaMartinez on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I think that Spain and England wanted to get rid of anyone who didn't worship Jesus because they didn't want that diversity of religions. Well, I know that King Phillip II of Spain was very religious, so he probably didn't want people opposing to his beliefs. It was kind of like a threat, if you think about it. If someone wasn't a Christian then, they were probably opposed to the ruling of the king. Religion was taken very seriously at that period in history.
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum