Cock Fights

Go down

Do you think it should be legal and illegal to have cock fights?

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
67% 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Cock Fights

Post  Jordan Wahba on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Cock fights is a blood sport between two roosters that fight in a ring called a cock pit. They did cock fights as a game, sport, entertainment, or just simply a past time that was first recorded in 1646. The two cocks would usually fight to death. Their nails would be sawed off and replaced by razor sharp steel blades. The cocks would be given various legal and illegal drugs such as strychnine, caffeine, amphetamines, and epinephrine to make them more aggressive and harder to kill. these kinds of fights are cruel because usually half of the chickens there would end up being dead. People asked if these cocks fight naturally which is true but the owner gives them like i said illegal drugs to make them even more aggressive. In Arizona 1997 people voted that it was cruel and illegal to do cockfights. 95% of Hispanic voters said that it was cruel while only 34% of Anglo respondents disagreed that "cockfighting is an important part of Hispanic culture. 70% of Hispanics disagreed with the statement. After this vote cockfights have been illegal to multiple countries including the United States. Some countries like the Dominican Republic still do it to gain some extra cash.
http://thoughtsandfeelings.net/social/facts_about_cockfighting_what_is.htm
Jordan Wahba
Jordan Wahba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cock Fights

Post  elena.scates on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I think it's really sad that people use animals to fight and bet on. It's a really sad that they put two animals in a ring and make them fight each other, usually until the other animal who has lost is dead. It's also very sad that it's okay to drug an animal so that it fights better. I don't think a sport like this should be legal because it's not a nice way to be earning money.
elena.scates
elena.scates
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Minu Sadeghi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:31 pm

COCK FIGHTING SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

It is really pointless and sad.
Just like most of the things people do for entertainment/money these days.
I will never see how someone can enjoy watching two animals fight to death. It's like people also bet on bulldogs.
Mad
Minu Sadeghi
Minu Sadeghi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: