Elizabeth I

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elizabeth I

Post  maddie on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Elizabeth ruled England for more then 40 years. Her mother was beheaded when Elizabeth was just a little girl. Elizabeth went through a lot in her life. Her half sister Mary I accused Elizabeth of treason and had her arrested in 1554. As a result Elizabeth was a strong, strict ruler. She was admired by all. When Elizabeth took the throne at age 25 she started by unifying her country. SHe made Protestantism the main religion. Through taxes she replenished the treasury. She had many suitors, but she never married. She was cautious and avoided many European wars. She was a strategic, smart witty ruler, that England was luck to have.
maddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Elizabeth I

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice Maddie! It was extremely informational and to the point. I am really fascinated by Queen Elizabeth I because of what a strong ruler she was. I think that she showed the world that women can be strong and smart when it comes to politics as well. As i mentioned in my own posts, there was a lot of inner family drama going on during the life of Elizabeth I. One of the greatest troubles during Elizabeth's life was her sister, Mary I. Could you imagine having that kind of relationship with your sister, and with your family overall. It seems like there was no sense of togetherness and love. It was all revolving around power and wealth. As much as it would be nice to be Queen for the day, I'm not sure i would trade my family life for that sort of tension between my family members.

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Brock M. Hay on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Generally queen Elizabeth is a great example or voice to use for feminist speakers, she was one of the greatest monarchs ever, almost flawless, and she was a woman. I even have a feeling her name is going to be brought up n the next sexist argument. The only flaw about her, the only thing I can rant about, is that she did not pass on the tutor blood line, which would of angered the hell out of Henry VIII, who had six wives and provided like thirty stillbirths in his life to have a kid, then Elizabeth appreciates this by not giving a single crap and never gets married her entire life, not to mention even getting pregnant.
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum