Atlantis

Go down

Atlantis

Post  Jordan Wahba on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Everyone must of heard about Atlantis! Atlantis is the name of an island first mentioned and described by the Greek philosopher Plato in the dialogues Timaeus and Critias. Atlantis is a legendary (lost) island. A very long time ago around 9000 B.C there existed an island located in the middle of the Atlantic ocean filled with rich and civilized people. these people got rich from the natural resources that were found around the island. this island was a center for trade and peace. This was called the Island of Atlantis! They say that the island was destroyed by a huge earthquake. people are still researching about Atlantis up to this day. The city was a very safe place. Every passage was guarded by great walls and with guards guarding the door. According to Plato, the walls of Atlantis were constructed of red, white and black rock that theu found around the island. The island of Atlantis was the home of Poseidon, god of the sea. When Poseidon fell in love with a mortal woman, Cleito they went there for vacation. when they went there poseidon would guard cleito with rings of water surrounding her to keep her safe. The island of atlantis now lives under the sea. the people the walls and everything is still a mystery! affraid
Jordan Wahba
Jordan Wahba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Atlantis

Post  Isiah Smith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm

I think this is a very interesting topic but i think you should've added a bit more information. I didn't know that that was where Poseidon went on vacation, what a boss! Cool You should've added that sometimes it comes back to the surface for a little while and then plummets back to the bottom of the ocean. I wonder, if it actually exists, if there are still people on it, that would be really cool. I loved the topic, i just thought that you should've added a little more. Keep up the good work! thumbs up
Isiah Smith
Isiah Smith
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Atlantis

Post  Ignacio Sainz on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am

Good Job! I have heard that this is a myth. what do you think it is? If this was posiedons home then it must have been a nice place. It is cool how people say that the island comes out of the ocean and sinks again. I wonder if the city existed once or a city similar to it did and that is where they got their idea from. Keep it up!! thumbs up

Ignacio Sainz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Re: Atlantis

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum