Triangular Trade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Triangular Trade

Post  JeremyM on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:26 pm

The triangular trade between Europe, Africa and America had a great effect in history. The point of trading things in the first place is giving others what they don't have and recieving what you dont have in return. The mains resource out of the new world was many different raw goods like corn, potatoes, tabacco, tomatoes etc. With the new idea of mercantilism Europe was to be the only continent to benefit from the trade. It was beneficial for all of Europe at the time because they could recieve many items that weren't seen in their continent as listed earlier.
All of the goods that were sent from America to Europe were raw goods because they werent advanced enough to have the goods manufactured. With manufactured goods made in Europe, they would have traded it with Africa, spain and portugal. As mentioned in my last blog post, the manufactured goods in Africa would be traded for slaves and the slaves would be sent to America to work for them to pick raw goods since the Natives were extinguished by the spanish disease. The slaves would be sent in slave ships crammed together and would be given to eat twice a day. They would be given buckets of wheat and water and a half pint of water as a source of food. They would fight and even kill for food. Some of them would attempt suicide by either diving off the boat or try to starve to death by not eating. When the captains found out about the slaves not wanting to eat they would be threatend to swallow burning hot coal.
The effects of the triangular trade gave Europe a high development of different types of food because of the new goods that were sent to them by America. With different things to eat they had variaties in their diet.
Having happend what did could be seen as an effect of good or bad but either way it made the world the way it is today. The way the triangular trade worked was that Europe would go to Africa to trade manufactured goods for slaves, then they would send the slaves to America to work to pick raw goods and crop and farm. Once they had enough goods to ship back, they would send ships full of good back to Europe.

If this had not happend, in your oppinion how do you think this would of affected the way the world is today ?? Shocked
JeremyM
Newcomer
Newcomer

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Triangular Trade

Post  LauraNoaBassano on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I think the probably America wouldn't be so civilized and advanced, and they would still have a lot of natural sources. About Europe, i guess that if didn't figured out an other way, they wouldn't have got richer. I think Africa wouldn't have been treated that bad and that there wouldn't be so much racism in the world.
LauraNoaBassano
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001220029647

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum