Racism

Go down

Racism

Post  Jordan Wahba on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm

No one really knows how racism first started but most people believe it was during the age of enlightenment. During that period of time people tried to make huge improvements, trying to find natural laws. The thing about racism is that it has negative effects on people. It makes you feel worthless and left out. Racism puts down peoples self esteem. People are racist sometimes because they believe that their own race is better than the others. Another theory that people believed, is that racism first started when the black or white man saw another person in a another skin colour. there are multiple theories on how it happened but there is no precise one.
Jordan Wahba
Jordan Wahba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Racism

Post  martha hildreth on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm

nice topic and just for the dia de la raza! it is a really curious thing to think about, in my opinion people must of seen one another and find ones more attractive than others or more intelligent or even ones more intimidating than others! I don't think racism should exist in the world because everyone is different and people should accept that and they can judge one another without knowing each other just because of their color, sex or nationality.

awesome jordan king

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  laraschembrisant on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that reflect the racial worldview; the ideology that humans are divided in "races". Racism and racial discrimination are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of whether these differences are described as racial. Racism is the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. People Strated using racism back in the day to separate black and white people, but today is also used for gays.
I personally think that racism is bad and should not be used and should be stopped.

laraschembrisant
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Hebert on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

good topic for dia de la raza. thanks to martin Luther king who help black people get along with white people. after, they where treated the same and had the same rights. even though today in many places in the world racism is still used. in that time i feel bad for the black kids because they didnt have the right to do alot of things that white kids could.
Samuel Hebert
Samuel Hebert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:25 pm

I believe it does put peoples self esteem down, but what is the purpose of doing that to someone? People should ban racism now and if you insult a coloured person you should go to jail because white people have always been dominant to colored people, why don't we change that for a while? What would our world be without racism? And what effect would it have on history if white people were the ones made fun of by colored people, not the other way around? What is your opinion on how racism started? And what is your opinion on what effect it had on history? Nice topic Jordan! Smile
Maya Luisa
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

https://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulises De Leon on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I think that racism started because every nation in the world wants to be the best. That is why so many wars have happened in the past. For example when the Europeans came to the Americas, they saw the Indians and thought they were worthless because of their skin color and because they were not as advanced as the Europeans. Another theory why I think people are racist is because they don’t like the customs or traditions other people have. The people from Iraq don’t like Americans because they think they don’t have religion and many other things. Well over all racism is just bad because it is very discriminating and offensive to other nations. Shocked
Ulises De Leon
Ulises De Leon
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  Rita Lulo on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Racism is a terrible thing. My personal experience is that we are all worth the same, white or black, fat or skinny. It is very sad how when someone with colored skin walks into the room everyone is frightened but when someone white enters the room people don't really mind. I think humans that do this should be ashamed of what they are doing!

Rita Lulo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Minu Sadeghi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Interesting topic!
I am really ashamed of people who are racist. Any person, of any color, has feelings and thoughts. No one should be discriminated by their skin color, it really isn't fair. I am glad that we have gone past the time where racism was everywhere. People of different skin color had different rules and different ways of life. They took it so far that they even made different drinking fountains for different colors of skin. It was just ridiculous. Evil or Very Mad
Minu Sadeghi
Minu Sadeghi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  simonvela on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Nice topic Jordan!

Your are right, people over many centuries have been very racist. Because of this many people have murdered just out of rage. Also slavery was something really big and it was caused simply because they were different color than us.

Well anyways good topic. Very Happy
simonvela
simonvela
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Great topic Jordan! Racism is something that gets me so mad, and always will. I don't understand how people can judge and criticize other people just by their skin color, or the way the are. Nobody is perfect, and these people did not chose to have a different color skin, or other different things, and it is not fair for them to be underestimated and judged for that. I personally think that racism doesn't have an actual "theory", but some people just started criticizing people that were different, and that's how it all started. Racism started several centuries ago, and even today, MANY people are still racist. I wish there was a way to stop racism Crying or Very sad Anways, great job Jordan, keep it up! thumbs up bananarama congratulations
Lou Bouzonnet
Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ follmann on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 pm

wow jordan i love your topic. you made it very interesting. it was perfect because you did it for dia de la gaza. i really dont agree on racism. i dont get even how it started even after you did a great job describing why. this may be the most interesting thing i have ever read. great job jordan!!!!

PJ follmann
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum