The library of Alexandria

Go down

The library of Alexandria

Post  Jordan Wahba on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:40 pm

What happened to the Royal Library of Alexandria? This library was located in Alexandria, Egypt where it was burnt down. Like I said Alexandria was found in Egypt by Alexander the Great. But how and why it was burnt down is still a mystery. has been said that at one time the Library of Alexandria held over half a million documents from Assyria, Greece, Persia, Egypt, India and many other nations. The library was so big that next to it there was another temple. The person blamed for all of this was Julius Caesar. There was only one book that lasted the fire that burnt down the library, and it is currently standing in the new library of Alexandria. The new library of Alexandria is know as the biggest and the most advanced library in the whole world. It was just recently rebuilt and it is known as one of the touristic places in Egypt.
Jordan Wahba
Jordan Wahba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The library of Alexandria

Post  Ignacio Sainz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Good Job jordan! Why do you think Julius Ceasar is blmaed for burning it down? What did he do? I didn't know that the library had so many documents from other countries, I thought it was only of Egypt. Once again good Job! thumbs up

Ignacio Sainz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum