Even a mummy needs a passport to travel .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Even a mummy needs a passport to travel .

Post  Nastiaknd on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 pm

The Pharaoh Ramses II , is a third pharaoh who ruled Egypt for a really long time ,for 66 years and 2 months (from 1279 BC to 1213 BC). His mummy got a modern Egyptian passport . It was like this: in 1974, Egyptologists of the Cairo Museum have found that the condition of the mummy of one of the most famous pharaohs, for whatever reason , began to get worst rapidly . So it was decided to take the mummy to Paris for medical examination . Seems like to make the processing of documents faster and to avoid the registration of its export as a cultural value, they just decided to make a passport for a mummy. The passport had the name of the Pharaoh - Ramses ll, and in the "Job" they wrote "King" and marked that he was dead . When the plane landed with a mummy in the Le Bourget airport near Paris, he was received with honors , which are usually used for a meeting of the kings family .

Searched in " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II "
Nastiaknd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Even a mummy needs a passport to travel .

Post  Rita Lulo on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 pm

haha its a really funny topic and ineresting at the same time! I cant believe that they had to do a passaport for the pharoh and at the end his son didn't even live there!

well I thinks its a nice topic and brings the attention of people What a Face

Rita Lulo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  martinka64_Kate on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

This is very interesting, did you know that Ramses died from decease? Well this is what scientists in Paris discovered. By the way they also know which herbs were used as medication!
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tati.Suriel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

woah! I would have never guessed! That is kind of a freaky weird thing. Imagine being in a plane with a mummy below you. Well if they traveled with people or if it was a private plane, not sure. The whole idea of a dead person wrapped up kind of grosses me out, well actually a dead person in general. I can't imagine living knowing that your father, or grandfather is somewhere under a pyramid all wrapped up.
Tati.Suriel
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Bouzonnet on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Hahahaha ! I think this is a really funny topic Nastia ! I find it really funny that back then, they already used a passport to travel ! I do not completely agree with some of your statements though. I don't think that they already had invented planes that could travel long distances back then. Also, I am a little confused with the fact that the MUMMY was sick, if it was dead? Like what do you mean by medical reasons? Anyway, it was a really interesting post Nastia, keep it up ! thumbs up bananarama congratulations
Lou Bouzonnet
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum