Black Death, and I don't mean African Americans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Death, and I don't mean African Americans

Post  Brock M. Hay on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Today hinting from the title I will be writing about the bubonic plague, and if that isn't enough I will cover other topics in section five to take up anymore necessary space. The black death is a nickname for bubonic plague, as it is called because you begin to bleed from the inside so much that you appear to be a very disgusting looking version of a Haitian, then you obviously die. This plague is also the origins of the children's song ring around the roses. They would make a ring to keep moving so that they didn't die, pocket full of poses which are nice smelling flowers to fight off the smell of decaying bodies, and ashes, to the burning of bodies, and we all fall down for, well you get it. The disease originated by infecting firstly bacteria, it is commonly mistaken that the bacteria is the source of the virus, but that is a mistake. The bacteria or Prokaryote is a living thing like we are, the virus that is actually a nonliving thing, just a mixture of compounds and chemicals, literally rapes its DNA into the cell of bacteria, then the bacteria is infected. Soon enough the bacteria gets in or on a poor victim of a flea, the virus then spreads onto the flea to rape its cells and its organs, soon enough the flea gets on a rat, the virus does a similar thing to the rat. Then the rat comes in contact with a human, and yes from what I have leaned from studies of viruses they enter your blood stream to travel, rape you cells and DNA so that they can offspring more of it, then travel into your organs like the lungs, liver, and those in one's digestive track. When I mean rapes your cells, the virus literally plants on the cell, and forcefully puts its DNA in the cell, then the offspring feeding from the cell will burst out to spread more. The first day of infection the victim will grow large fruit sized pores or growths on body parts that typically sweat, like the neck, armpits, or groin. The second day is experienced with much vomiting, and has fever like symptoms. On the third day the victim will bleed under the skin causing dark spots to begin to cover the body of the victim. The fourth day brings body spasms, I honestly don't know why, it just happens. The next day you begin spatting blood out of every where of you body, and this is the point where you say "things may not turn out okay after all", when you say this, you are probably right, because the next day is the day that most victims typically die. This plague grew to become an epidemic, because it spread to everyone, no matter what, and was really really fast. In fact it killed off a third of Europe (25 million) in the course of six years. It spread on trade ships from the far east where the Asians had already dealt with their large portion of the plague for their share of time. Many people were scared, and had crazy thoughts (how else do people believe in religion?) they thought it was the Jews, poisoning the water, others thought it was the Revelations, some thought it was "bad air". The Bubonic plague created a huge downfall in lapse in history, and if this virus never arose, this planet would probably be much higher populated.
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Death

Post  AnaMartinez on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Nice post Brock!
Here are some facts about the Black Death:
- The term "Black Death" is recent. During the plague, it was called "the Great Mortality" or "the Pestilence."
- Although the period known as the Black Death ended in 1351, the plague continued to return to Europe, with epidemics every few years through the end of the fifteenth century.
- In 1346, rumors of a plague that started in China and spread throughout Asia, Persia, Syria, Egypt, and India reached Europe.
- All of India was rumored to have been depopulated.
- The disease took three years to sweep through Europe, moving north and traveling as far as Iceland and Greenland.
- The mortality rate for humans who caught the bubonic plague was 30-75%.
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Death, and I don't mean African Americans

Post  Alex Galluzzi on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Although the period known as the Black Death ended in 1351, the plague continued to return to Europe, with epidemics every few years through the end of the fifteenth century.All of India was rumored to have been depopulated.The mortality was very high.
Alex Galluzzi
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Death, and I don't mean African Americans

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum