Stephen Hawking

Go down

Stephen Hawking

Post  Brandon H. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

For those of you who don`t know who he is, Stephen Hawking is that scientist, who is super smart, published books, and in an advanced wheelchair that talks for him, you know, the guy in the wheel chair who can`t move, with his head sidewise, and sort of sounds lik a robot. He has been/is a philosopher, teacher, authour, been in television shows, scientist in many divisions, and made the greatest modern discoveries. He`s also English. In his personal life, he has maried twice, and has two kids. Most of this he has done in a whell chair, and with the speech computer.

Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with Lou Gehrigs disease in 1962, Lou Gehrigs disease is also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or just ALS. The doctors gave him two, to three years to live. He completely lost his ability to walk in 1968. He lost his ability talk in 1985, ahe used a small machine to type out words with a working finger, he now uses a cheek muscle.. He is still alive and making discoveries today. He is the only ones with AlS to pass the age of thirty nine, and he has found a way to function dispite not being able to even move. Besides this he`s really old, he was born in 1942. He has been in his wheel chair for forty four years, but he had a very active life before that. He was supposed to dies forty one years ago.

When he went to school, he was a good student, someone like Brock, or a B+/A- kid, not extraordinary, someone like any given Asian, A++. Soon after he was diagnosed he married and had two kids. This made him motivated. We can see if we look at any sort of timeline that as his situation worsened, his studies got intensified. He proved that black holes arent space vaccums, he has written dozens of papers, a few books, and has done work on Albert Einsteins work, on the big bang theory, on string theory, and on the galaxies. He has won an award in the U.S that gives him the highest civilian honors, and has fifteen other awards.
Brandon H.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

STEPHEN HAWKING

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Nice post Brandon!

Here are some facts that i learned and were interesting:
-He is a philosopher, teacher, author, been in television shows, scientist in many divisions, and made the greatest modern discoveries.
- In his personal life, he has maried twice, and has two kids.
- Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with Lou Gehrigs disease in 1962, Lou Gehrigs disease is also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or just ALS.
- He lost his ability talk in 1985
- He proved that black holes arent space vaccums, he has written dozens of papers, a few books, and has done work on Albert Einstein's work, on the big bang theory, on string theory, and on the galaxies.
- He has won an award in the U.S that gives him the highest civilian honors, and has fifteen other awards.

** And yes, the graphic was fun to look at! LOL **

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hawking

Post  Brock M. Hay on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Stephen Hawking is a true inspiration to all, before reading this I never knew much about his work. My other favorite scientists have to be Darwin, the discoverer of evolution. And Linneaus, I believe a French man from the seventies who used taxonimication and anatomy to divide and organize many groups of life fitting in the phylogenetic tree. Now Hawkings speaks to me as a true inspiration to what I want to do in the future.
Brock M. Hay
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnaMartinez on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Nice post Brandon! (:
Stephen Hawking is a huge inspiration to people all over the world. He has done so much for this world even with his medical conditions. He has taught people so much, and in many ways, to never give up. He made the most of his life, knowing that he was probably going to die at age 40, but he didn't die. He got to do so many things because he lived his life to the fullest without a care in the world. People should look up to Stephen Hawking and they shouldn't complain about their small problems in life, I mean, look at Stephen Hawking.
AnaMartinez
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse D on Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Brandon i think your blog is just down right beautiful. To be honest i think your smarter than stephen hawking no matter what anyone tells you. Im writing this to get a few extra points on my blog, you know why?.. cause i can. umm i just wanted to say i miss you and it only takes 1 flight attendant to fly a plane. Tell Brock and le class i miss them and i'll see them soon. Stay beautiful buddy<3

p.s. mr.fisher is most bad *** teacher because he wont delete this post if he sees it.

I made this post cause yolo. God bless
Jesse D
Jesse D
Newcomer
Newcomer

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

JESSEEEEEEEE!

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Jesse D wrote:Brandon i think your blog is just down right beautiful. To be honest i think your smarter than stephen hawking no matter what anyone tells you. Im writing this to get a few extra points on my blog, you know why?.. cause i can. umm i just wanted to say i miss you and it only takes 1 flight attendant to fly a plane. Tell Brock and le class i miss them and i'll see them soon. Stay beautiful buddy<3

p.s. mr.fisher is most bad *** teacher because he wont delete this post if he sees it.

I made this post cause yolo. God bless

Oh My Gosh, Jesse!!! I can't believe you are on the forum! Just wanted to say we all miss you sooooo much too! TTYL <3

Very Happy

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum