The History of Aviation: The Montgolfier Brothers

Go down

The History of Aviation: The Montgolfier Brothers

Post  Brandon H. on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:21 pm

1783, the Montgolfier brothers, Jaques and Joseph, in Annonay France. They have worked long and careful, to create what they would unleash this day, 1783, September 19. The idea, lift is created by a fire rising gas to the aircraft right? What if the fire came up into the air with you! Infinite flight was the idea, the idea of the hot airballon. Would it have a sense of the x and y axices of flight, probably not so. But, they still created, the Montgolfier balloon, the first real succesful aircraft in the world. The fact of it being the first flight is argueable.

They were paper mil owners. They would try to fly bags, with rising gas. They would put a flame at the balon of the bag and watch is "fly". Why not possible with a huge ballon, with a huge fire and passengers On June 4, they had practiced the flight without passengers, it apparentely flew 6,562 feet in the air, above Annonay market.

The argueable first flight ever, was in a hot air ballon, the Montgolfier ballon. Humans did not fly it. Not on this day. This day, was the day that something defied mother nature, or somethings. The damn scared frenchmen flew a sheep, a rooster and a duck. They flew for eight minutes, in front of king Louis the xvi

The first manned flight was 1783, October 15. Pilatrede Rozier and Marquis dArlandes were the first people in flight ( Besides maybe Leonardo Da Vinci). The damn Frenchmen didn`t even fly it themselves yet, they designed and produced it, but not actually flew it!

On January 19, 1784 the Montgolfier balloon flew seven passengers, around 3,000 feet, over the city of Lyons. Imagine being in a hot air balloon. I think it would be much like a helicopter, I went in a helicopter. It would probably feel like everything is equaly smoothly pulling up, and you feel a small bit of force on your body, this is minor G-force, very minor, like 1.2 Gs. Cool.

And that is how the first unnatural flight was done by Leonardo Da Vinci, an inventive Italian man, or three farm animals, due to the fear of the French! How dare they ruin the record with animals, that`s like if a french soldier was to be shot, so he (or she, he`s French) pulled a rooster in the way. Damn French. Well, it still was a crazy story, comment if you want more History of Aviation blogs.
Brandon H.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: The History of Aviation: The Montgolfier Brothers

Post  Brock M. Hay on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 pm

In your opininon was this the world's first real contolled flight, or was it the Wright brothers who actually flew in their aircraft, not a hot air baloon.? Also keep in mind that these are two different thoughts behind flight, heat rising so you go up, and with the wright brothers they manipulated drag, air preassure, and lift forces. What do you think?
Brock M. Hay
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

History of Aviation

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I like the posts about aviation since i don't know much about the matter, therefor learn at least one new thing every time i read it. Great job! Smile

Here are some cool things that i learned about your post Brandon:
- They created the Montgolfier balloon, the first real succesful aircraft in the world.
- The first manned flight was 1783, October 15.
- Pilatrede Rozier and Marquis dArlandes were the first people in flight ( Besides maybe Leonardo Da Vinci).
- On January 19, 1784 the Montgolfier balloon flew seven passengers, around 3,000 feet, over the city of Lyons.

Nice post! Very Happy

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: The History of Aviation: The Montgolfier Brothers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum