The Decline of the Roman Empire.

Go down

The Decline of the Roman Empire. Empty The Decline of the Roman Empire.

Post  Brandon H. on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 pm

After Marcus Aurelius`s death, the Pax Romana, ende, the peace time. Over the course of fifty years there were thitry-nine emperors. That`s very unstable for a civilizations well being. The decline of Rome had four cause categories. Category one, economical: The value of money wasnt worth what it used to. This is called inflation. Also, land becoming unfertile due to repetitive farming was making a decline in agriculture. Now, we can`t have a civilization without agriculture. Uh ohhhhhh.
The other cause category was political, as I have already stated, there was a time o fifty years when thirt-nine emperors ruled, only one of which died of natural causes. They werer killing for power, no one was ruling for Rome, they were ruling for personal gain. When you rule for personal gain you make some enemies, then you get assassinated.
Another category is military. amount of babies were declining, because of famon, so there were less troops. So Rome started hiring mercenaries. When you hire mercenaries, you should now that they are only there for money, if someone else gives them more money, they will not be loyal to Rome. They do not cherish Rome as a home and family, they want more money to put food on the table. Barbarians were being let into Romes borders, because of carless mercenaries.
Social causes also effected Rome. Traditions and values were being forgotton. Romans were being very permiscuious, and didn`t keep that strong nuclear family. This made new homless people to be uncared for, ah, it`s to bad that the Italians love there love making so much.
These things all added up to put Rome into the dark ages. Rome was in a crippled state, too bad, it was so beutiful.
Brandon H.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

The Decline of the Roman Empire. Empty Re: The Decline of the Roman Empire.

Post  Brock M. Hay on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:43 pm

The greatest thing that I liked about the Roman empire was that Italy was a boot, I also was interested in studying Greece, especally its mythology. I also was interested in the wars that Rome had, and all of its architectural achievements like the colliseum. You can compare the social decline of Rome to the social decline of the US (applies for Canada too, but they aren`t like the world dominating powerfull modern version of Rome like the US unfortunately is). Kids these days are all obsessed with thier computers, and facebook, and BB chatting and we really lost site of our cultural tradtions. If you lookat anything from the 50s (the most glorious time the world has seen I believe) you can hear by the culture and music how happy and grateful people are. Unfortunatly the US will have this reputation of being one large McDonald addicted ungrateful twilight obssessed teenage girl for a long time because if the US will ever decline it will take eons!
Brock M. Hay
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

The Decline of the Roman Empire. Empty Decline of the Roman Empire

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Here are some interesting facts that I learned:
- After Marcus Aurelius`s death, the Pax Romana ended.
- Over the course of fifty years there were thitry-nine emperors.
- The decline of Rome had four cause categories.
- Rome started hiring mercenaries.
- Romans were being very permiscuious, and didn`t keep that strong nuclear family.

Awesome post Brandon! Smile

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

The Decline of the Roman Empire. Empty Re: The Decline of the Roman Empire.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum