Hannibal and his elephants.

Go down

Hannibal and his elephants. Empty Hannibal and his elephants.

Post  Brandon H. on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Did you know that elephants kill more people then bears. You probably didn`t, because it`s not true. Never the less, elephants are large, dangerous, scary, and prone to break downs in which they destroy all in their path. This is why they are deadly in battle. Who would try to tame humble elephants for battle? Hannibal, one of the greatest war minds of all time, figured that the elephants would give them a good figuire for the romans to see, for this was the second punic war, Hannibal of carthage was leading an army sixty elepants four thousand cavalry, and forty thousand infantry. Damn. They lost though, surprisingly, the romans out lasted them. They had no source of new men. They were very weary and tired. The Italians won, yaaaaay.
Brandon H.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Hannibal and his elephants. Empty Re: Hannibal and his elephants.

Post  Brock M. Hay on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 am

It almost feels like the Carthagineans deserved to win though because they won every single battle behind the brilliant mind of Hannibal. At one point in the war thr Romans found ways to use the Carthaginean elephants against thier own soldiers. Elephants aren't normally violent creatures, but when they do, they don't care who is in front of them they will kill every thing. The Romans would put barriors, or use fire to scare the lephants, turn them around, and charge into thier own army. Unfortunetely the half of the elephants died in Gaul from the cold Sad .
Brock M. Hay
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Hannibal and his elephants. Empty Elephants

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 pm

LOL, i love your opening sentence, typical Brandon!

Back to Hannibal and his elephants though, i think that it was terrible what the Carthaginians did to those poor animals. It is torture, and if this were to happen now, they would be locked up for animal abuse. I wish that they had the respect for such fantastic specimens then as people do now. Elephants are so exotic and unique to most other animals.

I can't believe people could be so cruel, obviously i was wrong...

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Hannibal and his elephants. Empty Re: Hannibal and his elephants.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum