Hindus and Buddhas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hindus and Buddhas

Post  Brock M. Hay on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:24 pm

As of this week we began studying The first religions that thrived throughout India, the North Pacific islands, and more Eastward. It all started with Hinduism, which came from a variety of sacred texts and beliefs. The main Ideas of their religion is reincarnation and karma. Karma is the idea that every bad action will come back and bad things will happen to you, and the same goes for your good actions! Its the same goal as If you are bad you get coal under your tree for Christmas. Karma makes a great role and is similar with reincarnation, which you may have heard of. If you live life as a complete evil person you will be reborn at a lower base of life, live life being good willed, and you will advance higher when you reincarnate or get reborn after you die. From bottom to highest it goes inanimate objects, animals, humans, higher human wealthy class or caste, then highest caste, then MokSha, or being one with the almighty powerful Brahman god force. Brahman id unlike many gods, he is not a physical being at all, he is like "the force" from Star Wars, he is everything, he is everywhere.

Buddhism is much like Hinduism because it comes from Hinduism with some differences. It originates from a tale in which this prince is kept in his house when one day he escapes, discovers suffering, and pursues it. And in the end, after 48 days and nights of meditating he discovered what suffering was, why its there, and how to avoid it and became happy Buddha. Unlike Hinduism Buddhism spread a lot because of the intents of Buddhas followers after he died. It eventually branched out into two Buddhisms, a traditional one, and a modern one. The modern one consists of extremely easy ways to follow the religion for a person today, the other, not so much. I think Buddhism and Hinduism are slightly different because Hinduism isn't about happiness, its about duty. Buddhism is entirely based on happiness, which I think id slightly more selfish, this is debatable. Yet I also think that Buddhas realization written down law thingys on happiness and suffering are compleatly true. But what do you guys think about the two religions, how else are they different, is one necessarily better than the other in your opinion.
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Hindus and Buddhas

Post  Alex Galluzzi on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:49 pm

i think hinduism is better because you accept all different religions and cultures. Buddhism come from hinduism, and the only thing that changes basically is that it does't tolerate other religions! Let's Hinduism!!!
Alex Galluzzi
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Buddhism vs. Hinduism

Post  Brandon H. on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:31 pm

I would better like to be a Buddhist. They believe in non-violence, meditation, taking what is crucial and they don`t believe in the brutal caste system. Problem is, I`m not good at not being selfish, I would like meat food and TV. Buddhism does seem like a less stressful way of life. I would be scared to be a Hindu, because they would probably start me off as an untouchable.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hindus and Buddhas

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum