A Covenant with God

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Covenant with God

Post  Samuel Hebert on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:46 pm

the Israelite are monotheistic, they believe in one true God. These types of believes changed until know. before they worshiped a lot of gods. a lot of Egyptians pharaoh Ikhnaton spoke only of a single powerful god. They believed that praying to god would save from their enemies.the also believed that gods made covenant.
Samuel Hebert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

gods

Post  NAdames on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:44 pm

ok sami i dont know if this is finished so i'll cut you some slack just you know here are some ideas so you can finish it, make a tme line were it tells when israelites and egyptions farao lived say what there god was named, what was the figure they worshiped that represented their God, and you know stuff like that.

ya Tigueron bananarama
NAdames
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: A Covenant with God

Post  Brock M. Hay on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 pm

The covenant that Abraham (founder of Judaism) made with god was that as long as his people worshiped him and only him, he would protect them from evil. Which I find strange, because why did god not prevent the Egyptians from enslaving the Jewish people in the first place. Anyway as Moses was taking the Jewish people to their homeland after a forty year walk to escape the Egyptians the Jewish people broke the covenant. They got drunk, made a gold calf, and were worshiping it!
Brock M. Hay
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnaMartinez on Sun May 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I found on the internet a covenant called The Abrahamic covenant, and I believe it is used in Israel. It is also known as the "Covenant Between the Parts". It is a commandment for Brit milah in Judaism. There is also another covenant called The Abrahamic Covenant of Isaac. From Isaac the Covenant passed to Jacob and from Jacob the Covenant passed to Joseph and then to his son Ephraim.
AnaMartinez
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum