"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Go down

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Empty "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Post  Brandon H. on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 pm

You, being a historian Mr.Fisher probably already know the topic by Neil Armstrong`s quote. My peers, may not. So set your attentive minds to 1969. Your father is sitting at the dinner table going on about how the moon is a pointless venture. The moon is a rock, way out in space, why spend millions of dollars, millions of dollars! Besides, Its impossible. Then your mother disagrees and says its going to be a wonderful feat and that she can only wonder to what they will come back with. Your father then says she`s naive and you ignore them as they duke it out amoungst themselves.

If you have not got it yet, its the Apollo 11 moon expedition, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. The first man on the moon in history. The narrative above was in second person, I was supposed to be telling you what you would be doing 42 and a half years ago. This is a time, prior to the Moon landing. The short story shows three things.

The narrative shows how some think that the Apollo missions are,not pointless, but the money used could be toward better things.That is the Dad. You can also see how he sort of implies that it is not possible, or fake. The second thing this shows you is that many were awed by the even fact of it. They were amazed and couldn`t believe there eyes when they seen it on TV in 1969, what they would have done with Tivo back then. The third truth shown is that parents can find a way to disagree, or debate over any thing they can think bout.
Brandon H.
Brandon H.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Empty Apollo 11

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:30 pm

It is really cool that you chose this topic, and i love the way you narrarated it. The day that Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon was a historical day. I cannot make my mind up whether i think that so much money should be used for space exploration or not. It is a very debatable issue. Bottom line for me i guess is that there is world hunger right here, right now..... Maybe the amount of money used could be cut down just a tad, i think that would make me feel less guilty about the USA spending so much money on space exploration.

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Empty Apolo

Post  Brandon T. on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice man, i really enjoyed reading this article because that day aws a glorious day for man kind, as you said. To me it's worth spending millions and billions of dollars, to reach out a have something that people don't get a chance to do to often. I mean it's not the money that is important, because money is paper, you can always make paper. I love this man you did an awesome thing right her!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Brandon T.
Brandon T.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Empty Re: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum