Isis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isis

Post  JodievanIeperen on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 am

Isis is a godess. She is the Egyptian goddess of rebirth. When her huspands brother Osiris got killed by his evil brother, she went and brought Osiris back to life. She is adored by her human followers. Isis is a godess that spend time with her Egyptain followers, unlike a lot of other Egyptain godesses. While being with the she would teach them things, and ways to survive and make food. Isis was also worshipped as the goddess of medicine and wisdom.
She took over Ra, the sun god's job. He was the god before Isis. He wasnt a good god and people suffered in the time that he was being worshipped. He wasnt very caring. She was very smart, and the people lived great when she came. She helped create some modern religious that we still have now. She was a great Godess.

JodievanIeperen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Isis, more facts about her..

Post  HelenaD on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

In art, Isis was originally pictured as a woman wearing a long sheath dress and crowned with a hieroglyphic sign. Sometimes she was view holding a lotus, or a Sycamore tree. The pharaoh Thutmose III, was depicted in his tomb as nursing from a sycamore tree that had a breast.
After she assimilated many of the roles of Hathor, Isis's headdress is replaced with that of Hathor: the horns of a cow on her head, with the solar disk between them. Sometimes she also was represented as a cow. However she was depicted with her young child, Horus (the pharaoh), with a crown, and a vulture. Occasionally she was represented as a kite flying above the body of Osiris or with the dead Osiris across her lap as she worked her magic to bring him back to life.

This is a picture of her:

HelenaD
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Isis

Post  MariaelenaFarina on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Isis seems like the most liked and cared-for goddess of them all. Isis was believed to be responsable for peace-keeping and love, caretaking and happiness. Isis' story is very touching for me because i think that she was a good goddess and did not deserve her husband to be scattered into how-ever-many-pieces by his brother, Seth. It is sad, but i am glad that they had a son together. That son represented both Isis and Osiris, and that is what makes him so special. Isis' son is all she has left, and i feel kind of sorry for her......
Crying or Very sad

MariaelenaFarina
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Isis

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: