Miguel Cervante's contribution to the Renaissance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miguel Cervante's contribution to the Renaissance

Post  Maria Jose on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:44 pm

The Renaissance was from 1450 - 1600. It was the time of rebirth. Where it was no longer thinking religiously, people started thinking and looking/giving reasons to why things happen. Science and art became more important for society and many talented people did outstanding things. One of these well known Renaissance figures was, Miguel de Cervantes.
Miguel De Cervantes (1547-1616) was a spanish novelist and poet who made great contributions to the Renaissance in the 1600s. His most known and popular novel was Don Quixote. Don Quijote was a satire of medieval chivalry. The protagonist, Don Quixote, had his brain dried out from reading so many chivalry books, and thought he owned the best horse and the best weapons, while he didn't. He was paired up with his good friend Sancho Panza, his reliable servant, and go through many adventures together. Miguel de Cervantes was a humanist. His novels weren't related to religion (christianity). Everything was surrounded by why things happened and an explanation. In a sense, Miguel was making fun of previous medieval era meaning he had a higher perspective and didn't think the same as people did before.
Miguel De Cervantes opened up a new own style of writing. In my opinion, I think he was a great writer. Don Quixote is still read in schools and it's classified as an excellent book.
Do you agree with his style of writing (make fun of medieval chivalry)? why?
Would you like to read Don Quixote?

http://www.empire.k12.ca.us/capistrano/Mike/capmusic/renaissance/renaissa.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_de_Cervantes#Don_Quixote

Maria Jose
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating: 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Miguel Cervante's contribution to the Renaissance

Post  Hlabelle on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:54 am

i have heard many good coments about the book Don Quijote and it sounds good and funny. Maybe in the future it could be a book on my "to read list". To be honest the fact that Cervantes made fun of previous books or ideas is interesting, the thought of getting in trouble or something like that comes to my mind but it actually went good. Buen post MJ Smile

Hlabelle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Miguel de Cervantes

Post  paolasainz on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:54 pm

I think Cervantes was trying to give a message to the people that not everything was perfect, so he wrote this book for people to see it. It seems funny for an old man to think that he was a medieval man with chivalry.

paolasainz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum