U.S celebrates, but worried at the same time.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

U.S celebrates, but worried at the same time.

Post  cierrawright on Tue May 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Many in New york and all over the U.S. celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden due to many attacks, not just the attacks of 9/11. But that does not mean that many aren't worried. They aren't taking any chances and since then have upped their security for any potential attacks. Beginning early Monday, cops on midnight shifts worked even later to provide additional protection. Bags were being checked in subway stations and heavily armed officers monitored "high profile" areas such as Times Square and Lower Manhattan as well as helicopters monitoring. Gov. Andrew Cuomo claims that New Yorkers will see an increased level of officers and such present in many places. Might people be upset w/ the killing because it could potentially cause another attack? Will members of Al Qaeda react to his death and attempt to attack? Al Qaeda's most favorite target is New York and I'm sure everyone is hoping that necessary precautions are being taken. They need to be ready for the unpredictable. The bright part about this is that in the end, ten years later, justice WAS served. I believe he deserved to die for killing nearly 3,000 people. That just includes one of his attacks in which he is connected to TWENTY THREE attacks which all involve at least 1 person being killed on every occasion. He had to pay the price. Did he think he could hide forever?

cierrawright
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: U.S celebrates, but worried at the same time.

Post  Reny P. on Sun May 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm sure Americans are really happy because of Osama Bin Laden's death. On the down side his followers are still alive. This means there is a high probability that they might attack the U.S. It's a great that New York is enforcing more security, especially in Time Square. Though I think that his followers might decide to attack some other state. They might wait a while until no one expects an attack.
Reny P.
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriella on Sun May 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I am not happy Osama is dead. WAIT! Before you jump to conclusions! He was a horrible, terrible, disgrace of a man. I am not happy he is dead, death is not something I could be happy about. But I am glad that he's gone, I'm glad that he will never be able to hurt anyone ever again. I don't think he deserves the attention he's getting. We should be like "He's dead? Good, he could go rot now." and then move on.

as for worrying... I am not too worried about what will happen. I think his followers will replace him. I just hope that whover is next in action isn't some crazy guy too...

Gabriella
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum