The Royal Wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Royal Wedding

Post  Reny P. on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Today, Friday April 29, 2011, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine (Kate) Middleton got married. It all happened this morning at Westminster Abbey, London. Prince William is the oldest son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. He is also the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II. Their engagement was announced on the 16th of November 2010. Through marriage Catherine Middleton is now also titled the Countess of Strathearn and Lady Carrickfergus. Though they got married, she is not known as princess. Their wedding was broadcasted live and watched by an audience over 2 billion. The tiara Catherine wore was lent to her by the queen. The wedding ring was made of welsh gold.

What significance do you think this wedding has? How much do you think the wedding cost?

Sources: BBC news, wikipedia, televison.

Reny P.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post  ebeli on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:55 pm

this is a important event that has happen and it will make history. it is funny how always get marry important and rich people with important rich people. i guess it has too be relate to money!!!!!!!!!!!11

ebeli
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Reny P. on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Actually Ebeli, Catherine Middleton wasn't part of the royal family. She really wasn't one of those "important rich people" as you say. This is why the wedding has such significance. Because and outsider has entered the royal family. Did you know that unlike other weddings where the bride throws the flowers back to the audience (and which ever woman catches it gets married next) Catherine didn't throw the flowers. She payed her respect to her husband and his mother by placing the flower on his mothers (Princes Diana) grave.
Reny P.
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  angie m on Sun May 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Actually Kate was rich already, her father is a successful entrepreneur, and due to the social circles she was around, she got to know Prince William. So it is not like she is not used to all those fancy things she has. Kate, however, like reny said does not have any title, she was a "commoner" and that is why this wedding was shocking. William's mom Princess Diana was a commoner as well.... so i guess this wedding should be that shocking. This wedding must have cost a fortune!!!
angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Paola fix on Sun May 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Kate belonged to a middle class family, so she was not completely lost about being part of royalty. I think it was spectacular that for the first time i actually got to see history be made, who knows what this royal wedding could bring in the future. I think that the wedding was worth the cost, this is a rare event that is wonderful to watch and that is totally worth it especially because it is taken place in a modern time.
Paola fix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum