Schönbrunn Palace

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Schönbrunn Palace

Post  Lisa Ella Humenberger on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 pm

As I saw our next chapter in our book, I saw a picture of the Schönbrunn Palace, also know in German as Schloß Schönbrunn, so I decided to write about it. The Palace is located in Vienna, Austria and was the home of the Hapsburg rulers. Their amazing gardens were designed to show how much power the Hapsburgs had. First of all the Hapsburgs were the oldest ruling house in Europe. Their home land was Austria, but they had also acquired territories such as Bohemia, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Ukraine, and northern Italy.

Soon 18-year-old Franz Josef became the emperor, Kaiser (in German), of Austria. A few years later he married a lovely woman named Elisabeth von Bavaria, also know as Sisi. Emperor Josef was actually supposed to marry Sisi's sister, but after he met Sisi, he fell inlove with her and decided to marry her. Sisi at that time was 16 and didn't want to be Empress, but she then accepted to be his wife.

This Palace was their summer home of the Emperor and Empress. Two years ago I went there and it was really big and very beautiful. It is a Rococo styled building and you could the carriages coming and going and the huge gardens on the other side of the building. You could see the chambers on the inside and there is also a zoo and a huge labyrinth aswell.

Would you like to visit the palace someday?

Source: History Book.

Lisa Ella Humenberger
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Schönbrunn Palace

Post  angie m on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Yes i would love to visit that palace. It looks amazing, it would be interesting to see the artistic style it has and if it matches the style of the area it was built in.
angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Paola fix on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

It would be wonderful to visit anything that has to do with royalty because who knows what will lay there in the future, it would be great to have a look of it before it all disappears.
Paola fix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum