Mirror Writing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mirror Writing

Post  Reny P. on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm

It's a form of writing which is the opposite of normal writing. When you look at the writing with a mirror it looks normal, if you just look at the paper it is really hard to read.
For example:

The most common usage of mirror is in the front of ambulances [эƆnAludmA]. That way when the driver looks through their over head mirror they see the word AMBULANCE and make way for it to pass. Did you know this form of writing was used thousands of years ago? Leonardo Da Vinci wrote most of his notes in mirror writing. That way not many people could decipher them. Today it's said to be that left-handed people are better at mirror writing.

Dr. Iain Mathewson, a researcher, stated ""Mirror writing ability is genetic and probably transmitted as a sex-linked dominant trait."This means you inherit it from your parents.
Are you good at mirror writing?
Reny P.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror Writing

Post  angie m on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Is mirror writing a problem.. like when people write words but put the letters in different order..?
If it is a sex linked trait then it is more probable for a men to have it. i am actually quite good at writing like that.
angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Mirror Writing

Post  Lisa Ella Humenberger on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Thats actually pretty cool. And its true, here in the D.R the ''Ambulance'' on the car is also written like that. It's funny to hear that when Da Vinci wrote like that, not many people new what it said, but its actually not hard to read like that (atleast for me it isnt). Oh, I suck at writing like that. Smile
Lisa Ella Humenberger
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon A on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Nice topic Smile i wonder where mirror writing acually came from, like whats its origin ? apart from Leonardo da vinci

Shannon A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriella on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:11 pm

I should ask my dad to do this! he's left handed. I tried it... No
If it is a sex linked trait then it must be really common, several girls can do this quite well.
Gabriella
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum