The Genius of Charles Darwin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Genius of Charles Darwin

Post  Paola fix on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Today, the answer is still not known. Was earth created by god? Or did earth evolve with time? Charles Darwin, and English naturalist, stepped forward and tried to find some evidence of evolution. As he studied his ideas, he came up with his theory that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors.
Darwin published his first book The Origin of Species, containing his proofs of evolution. Darwin states that in the process of Natural Selection the genetic changes causes the process of reproduction to be bigger, becoming more common as generations pass.
Darwin had his most opposing group against his theory; the religious part of the world. It was very likely that religious people would not believe Darwin’s theory because they were taught that God created this world, and many other stories passed down through generation.
Later on, Charles Lyell came up the with the idea that earth must be billions of years old, according to the evidence that fossils give us.
Darwin’s theory had a tremendous impact on everyone who heard about it, maybe people did not show it but they thought about it, and thought of how there is so much evidence given to us and some people might have also completely changed their beliefs. Even though not 100% of the world agree with the Theory of Evolution, I think that they should at least consider it.
Paola fix
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The Genius of Charles Darwin

Post  Nathan on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 pm

The big Bang theory is what started it all, and evolution is a FACT
Nathan
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon A on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm

I believe Charles Darwin's theory is just one of the many to be discovered, i am not sayng its incorrect but i do have my own theories about how we got here. it depends on what you believe Nathan Razz

Shannon A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  angie m on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Like Shannon says, it depends on what you believe. There are proves that we have evolved, but some people just choose to believe that god created everything.
angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeria Kamenetska on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:40 pm

We are lucky to have technology and everything to find at least facts easier than Charles Darwin since he probably was one of the first people who thought about theories that contradicted bible in these times.

Valeria Kamenetska
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Olen on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm

its a shame that charles darwin's theories are frowned upon in certain states. he really has a clear point of view on where we came from. but religion just HAD to step in and ruin the fun for charles Sad
Olen
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum