A hard man to kill.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A hard man to kill.

Post  Lisa Ella Humenberger on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Being curious about what the other chapters were about in the book, I came to an interesting fact about Gregory Rasputin. He was an illiterate peasant and also called himself a ''holy man'' since he was known for being a healer. The government then was becoming weaker because of his influence in healing. Later then a group of Russian nobles managed to kill him ,but it wasn't that easy. His death was one of the most bizarre ones I've heard of so far.

To get rid of him, a group of Russian nobles took him to the palace of Prince Felix Yussoupov. There he was offered cake and wine. What he didn't know is that the cakes and wine had enough poison in them to kill a bunch of men. Amazingly, Rasputin was not affected by the poison. Later, the prince shot him on his chest with a revolver, and he fell. Just as they were happy enough, he sprang to his feet and started attacking the prince who then ran off!

Rasputin then decided to escape and started running until he reached a gate which was across the courtyard. Another one shot him, and Rasputin fell into the snow. Then the conspirators knocked him out, threw him into the icy river and watched him sink. Later his body was found which was poisoned, shot twice, and terribly beaten, was then autopsied. What caused his death? Drowning.

Why do you think the poison and the shots didn't affect him?

Source: Textbook.

Last edited by Lisa Ella Humenberger on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Lisa Ella Humenberger
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: A hard man to kill.

Post  ebeli on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm

well, that is crazy, he had something in his body that protect him from the poison. actually it is really interesting, the fact that he survived all of this things makes him different from others. he looks very freaky to me, hje has the face of a person who has Maligning spirits!!!

ebeli
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum