Misterious animal deaths.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Misterious animal deaths.

Post  Lisa Ella Humenberger on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 pm

As you may have noticed in the news, over 3,000 birds have fallen from the skies of Arkansas on New Years Eve. Birds also fell from Kentucky and Louisiana, but that's not all. Fifty birds also fell in Sweden and many fish were washed ashore in Brasil. Crabs were also found dead on shore in England. No one has a reasonable explanation yet but everyone is just asking the same question: ''What the heck is going on?''

Fifteen service workers helped clean the town in Arkansas with picking u 2,000 red-winged blackbirds. Witnesses say that the birds who managed to survive acted as if they were drunk. Laboratory reports indicate that the birds might have died from Trauma AGFC, since residents commented that they heard what was like fireworks before the birds started littering the street, rooftops, and yards. However another theory is that a thunderstorm might have scared the birds to death since there was a tornado in Arkansas December 31st, but they still arent sure what the cause really was.

What do you think happened to the birds?

Sources:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/01/mass-animal-deaths-around-world-dead-brids-fall-sky-fish-crabs-wash-ashore.php
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12105157

Lisa Ella Humenberger
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Misterious animal deaths.

Post  ebeli on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:31 am

well it is very interesting what is happening to the birds. i will say the birds are dying of a sickness or bacteria that is produces the deaths of the birds. it can also be because of the climate change or because the air is contaminated of all this bad things. cyclops Shocked

ebeli
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeria Kamenetska on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 pm

A lot of weird thing happens in present time. I think it wasn't something that simple as thunderstorms or fireworks , probably something much more complicated.

Valeria Kamenetska
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Anton on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm

I read somewhere that it was huge poisoning of bids. Sad I mean they eat a lot and killed them selfs with it Twisted Evil

Last edited by Anton on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Anton
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hristo on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Well there is a simple explanation - fireworks. I don't know why is everybody making such a big problem of that. Fireworks explain everything: the bright light confuses them and they can crash into something. The sound alone can kill a bird if it is close to the place where the fireworks explode. The shockwave can kill many birds at all. And the fish? Well, maybe when the waste of the fireworks might be poisonous for fish and when it falls in the ocean it might poison them or make it difficult to breathe for them.
Hristo
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  angie m on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Well the most reasonable explanation is the fireworks like Hristo says. Fire works are really loud and bright so it may have caused the death of the birds. If it wasnt the fireworks maybe some disease is infecting the birds and making them die.
angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum