Important events happened during 2010.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important events happened during 2010.

Post  Lisa Ella Humenberger on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:10 am

During this year, many events have occurred that impacted the whole world. Here are some of the most important events that have happened throughout the year:

January, 12: A massive earthquake of 7.0 magnitude hits the capital of Haiti, Port-au- Prince. 230,000 died and it said to be the deadliest on record.
February, 27: Another massive earthquake of 8.8 magnitude hits in Chile causing a Tsunami over the Pacific ocean 497. It is the biggest earthquake in history.
April, 10: The president of Poland, Lech Kaczyński, died along with his wife and the other 96 passengers on a plane crash. It crashed western of Russia. The plane tried to land in a thick fog, but sadly missed the runway and crashed into a nearby forest.
April, 14: The volcano in Iceland after several eruptions, stopped air traffic around Europe.
April, 20: Near the Gulf of Mexico, there was a massive oil spill killing eleven. It spreads for months and damaged the States ocean coastline.
May, 20: Five famous Picasso paintings worth 100 million euros were stolen from the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris.
June, 11 – July, 11: The 2010 FIFA World Cup is taken place in South Africa, leaving Spain in victory.
October 13: Thirty-three miners near Copiapó, Chile, are trapped 700 metres underground in a mining accident in the San José Mine. They are later brought back to the surface after surviving for 69 days.
December 21: The first total lunar eclipse occurs on the day of the northern winter solstice/southern summer solstice since 1638, takes place.

These are most of the all the important events that have happened this year.
What do you think will happen in 2011?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010#Pronouncing_2010_and_subsequent_years

Lisa Ella Humenberger
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating: 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Important events happened during 2010.

Post  angie m on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Looking at that made me realize that lots of important things happened last year... the earthquake, the lunar eclipse...most events are natural phenomenons, which means that nature plays a big role in out lives.i think 2011 has great things for us, but we'll just have to wait and see Smile

angie m
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Re: Important events happened during 2010.

Post  Paola fix on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:21 pm

its amazing how many natural disasters happen in one year, it made me realize how much has happened since civilization or before that. And maybe now that these disasters are known to us we have better knowledge of them and can try to do better for a next one, or maybe even stop them.

Paola fix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum